Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Ahhhhhh. It is good to be home. I have been out and busy for several weeks now, particularly during Lent. Lent is my favorite time of year. Good Friday services are also a little emotional for me, too. For the first time in a couple of weeks, Liesl and I get to stay home tomorrow. Yay! We are going to start by sleeping in. Then we are going to putter around the house. I owe her some fun, since she has been a really patient pup. So if the weather clears tomorrow, I will take her for a nice walk along the water.

It is so nice to be home. I got in and put on my jammies, played with Liesl, had a snack and then crashed on the sofa with my little furgirl. She always seems to know when it is the weekend, and she is looking pretty cozy and happy. She will be happy to stay home and play with her toys and be queen of her yard. I will be happy to putter around my house. I am hoping to stitch. I am the assistant minister for the Easter service at church. Then tonight I received an invitation to a wonderful Easter dinner. Liesl gets to come too!

I feel so fortunate to have a very active and full life, but the chance to nest and have some alone time with my little puppy girl is really exciting to me. I have some baking to do, and think I will make some potato soup. I have so much laundry to do, and I shall have to walk the garden to see how my herbs are doing. I want to finish my book and play with my stitching toys. This is going to be awesome!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Ooh! I love that! Thank you for your comment!