Monday, February 7, 2011

Garrison Keillor Rocks!

Tonight I got to go see Garrison Keillor live on stage. It was awesome! Some time ago, my pastor had see an ad for it and said she wanted to go, so I saved my pennies so I could go, too. I am so glad we went. He puts on such an amazing show. I love his ability to tell a story. He also sang some wonderful old gospel songs with a couple of other musicians who were really outstanding.

I was glad, too, that we were able to meet up for dinner before we went to the theater. We both love classic literature and are usually comparing what we are reading, so we got to talk about books and theology for a while. I love books and can talk about them at pretty much a moment's notice. This is probably also why I was pretty jazzed about seeing a famous author tell his stories. LOL

Anyway, if you ever get the chance to see Garrison Keillor in person, by all means, seize the opportunity. His ability to wrap you up in a story or a poem is amazing. He created stories that touched so many different emotions in a two hour period. This was such a special treat and I am so glad I went. It was such a great evening!

No comments: