Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh, boy, it is cold! We were warned by the weathercasters and they were right. Brrrrr.

'Twas a good day today. It was so cold that Liesl and I stayed in for most of the day. In the afternoon, I drove over to Carmel to the library to pick up a book that had come in for me. The library is pretty close to the beach, and when I got back into the car, I had an excited little Schnauzer on my hands. She looked so happy, obviously thinking that we were going to the beach, that I could not let her down. So we drove down to the beach and I am so glad that we did. She was having a lovely time on the beach, dipping her puppy toes in the Pacific Ocean, when it started to snow! There has not been snow at sea level here since 1964. It was a wonderful, magical surprise. People on the beach looked so excited, and were calling out to each other. It was so cool and I am so glad that we were there.

Tonight is my last night of staying up late since tomorrow is my last day of vacation. I will probably stitch and read tonight. I have church in the morning, then racing to watch in the afternoon. I am really looking forward to going back to work and seeing my co-workers. I will have to start planning my next vacation, too!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

It is really cold, but I must admit that I am enjoying it :) It feels like real winter, now if only we could have had some of that white stuff up our way. But not to worry I am headed to Tahoe for a girls ski weekend and I will get my fill of snow.

We are taking our pups to the beach tommorow, they ust LOVE run around in the sand. Enjoy the rest of your Vacay :)
Take Care