Thursday, February 10, 2011

Knitting Circle Night

I love Knitting Circle Thursday nights. We meet twice a month on Thursday nights. It was the brainchild of my friend, Heidi, who brought together a wonderful group of women spanning four decades in age and different backgrounds. Our discussions are so interesting, and the wealth of knowledge of crafts in the group is amazing. We have yummy things to eat, we talk, and we are able to relax and sit quietly and work on our handwork.

What was amazing tonight is that I got off work late and I was rushing around when I got home. By the time I got there, everyone was saying that I looked tired and stressed. By the end of the evening though, I felt so relaxed and comfortable. It was just so nice to sit in a room with wonderful friends doing something that we love. I bring cross stitch to work on, but they let me come anyway. LOL

As always, the best part of the evening was coming home to Liesl. I feel so loved when I walk through that door and she is so happy to see me. She did not even mind that I came home smelling like our hostess' cats. Her tail was wagging, she was jumping up and giving me kisses. What a great welcome.

No comments: