Thursday, February 17, 2011

T Minus 8 Hours And Counting...

Tomorrow at approximately, 5:01 pm, if all goes according to plan, Liesl and I will be on vacation for nine whole days! I have been working really hard and some long hours, so I am really tired. I did not even make any plans yet because I figure that I just want to spend a couple of days catching up on some sleep, taking a couple long walks with Liesl and just relaxing. Liesl and I have an invitation to go visit friends again, but since we have been hit with severe storms here, I also want to see what the weather is going to do. Plus next week is my birthday, and alot of my friends here in town want to get together. I might just take it on a day by day basis.

The rain was pretty rough today. We had thunder and lightening, and I had a scared little dog that was just shaking from it all. She is such a tough little girl, so it is always weird to me when I see her scared. The rain just pummelled our area though. It is supposed to rain the next couple of days, too. Maybe I will just lay around and read books in my jammies for a couple of days.

There will be good stitching time this weekend, since it is time for the Daytona 500! Whoohoo! Last week, I got to see my Tony race again. I am so glad NASCAR is back in season. I am going to try to go again this year to see them race. That was such an amazing experience. In fact, my profile photo on this blog was taken in front of Pit Road that day at Infineon. It was so amazing the feel those cars rumbling by. There is nothing else like it.

Have a super Friday!

3 comments:

mbroider said...

Enjoy your vacation and fill it with as much stitching as you can!! Hope you have a great birthday

Unknown said...

Oh yes racing season is upon us. Stewart is a favorite of ours too since he's from INdiana and so is my mom. Anyway enjoy your birthday and vacation. Mine is in a couple weeks yet.

Karen said...

I hope your vacation is filled with stitching, reading and fun with two-legged and four-legged friends.