Sunday, March 7, 2010

On The Mend!

I am feeling human again. Whoohoo. The symptoms remain somewhat, but I could function. It was lovely. I got a good night of sleep and woke up feeling refreshed.

It was a really good day. I still stayed in, trying to get better, so that I am better for work tomorrow. I watched the race and stitched. I am getting alot done on the Serenity Prayer and will post a photo of it when I finish the bottom panel this week. I like stitching all of the little creatures on the bottom. It is a lot of fun to stitch.

I finished my book last night, and started another one. Have I mentioned how much I love the library?! I started Amy Tan's "The Bonesetter's Daughter." What a fantastic book.

I felt like I should accomplish something useful today, so this evening I set about making lentil soup for lunches this week. (I had to use up some sausage and potatoes.) As I was cooking my soup I made myself a cup of tea. I took my tea and stood on the back steps in the early evening. The evening was actually a bit warm, and I felt so much joy as I watched Liesl playing in the backyard. All of the sudden it struck me that the moment was absolutely perfect and that I am so blessed.

All in all, it was a perfect weekend. It was very different than I had originally planned. But I am grateful that I was able to stay home and get well. Generally, on weekends I take Liesl for some sort of long walk, so I feel really badly that I was not able to do that. However, we did play together and snuggle. This weekend was peaceful and reminded me how really fortunate I really am.

No comments: