Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday

Okay, I will try to keep my whining to minimum about the worst cold I have ever had in my life. It is receding somewhat, but I still feel like I have been run over by a truck.

It was a good day, I got a lot accomplished at work today. It was a very cold and windy day so Liesl and I went and sat in the car for a while at lunchtime. I read my book, then somehow nodded off. I only awoke because I was hearing a noise in my sleep, and thought to myself, "What is that horrendous sound?" Only then did I realize it was me snoring. I really hope none of my co-workers heard me.

I took some of those darling windmill cookies with me in my lunch. They are even better than the ones we had as children. There is something truly nostalgic about them. I highly recommend them. They are my guilty pleasure in this season of Lent. Chocolate had truly become a vice for me, so I put it to the side for Lent. I really do not miss it. Although, believe me there have been temptations put before me, like my Girl Scout cookie order coming in. Um, hello, Samoas! And my daughter brought me my very favorite Lula's Rocky Road candy from a local candy maker here in the Monterey area.

Tonight I send a special shout out to my dear friend, Laura. You are in my prayers, my friend! Get well very soon! Liesl sends you puppy kisses!

2 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Hope you get to feeling better.

Pam said...

You're a strong willed person to give up chocolate for Lent. I tried it once, managed to stick to it, but it was hard!