Monday, March 7, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

Whoooosh. This day flew by. It was a very busy day, however, I took the rare opportunity to come home on time. It was even light when I left work. Whoohoo. It had been really cold and windy all day, so it was super nice to come home and take the time to cook a little comfort food. I am totally hooked on the gorgonzola gnocchi from Trader Joe's. We always have dinner at Thursday night Knitting Circle. We take turns and one night, one of the ladies made a recipe with this gnocchi. Oh my goodness, it is so good.

Dinner with the ladies is really special. It had started out as a first night, welcome, kind of thing. It was so cozy, and so nice to just sit and have a meal together. It is an opportunity to just slow down after work, relax, and talk so we continued it. We all bring something to share, cookies, a bottle of wine, veggies. It all works out to be a lovely meal and a time that I really look forward to.

It was really nice to be home this evening. I treasured the time to stitch. I love that sound that the needle and thread makes as it passes through the fabric. It is almost as soothing as the sound of waves crashing on the beach. I am still working on the Star Spangled Banner. I hope to start the words by the weekend.

No comments: