Monday, March 28, 2011

Marvelous Monday!

In yesterday's post, I shared that I had gone to Monarch Knits with my daughter on Saturday. This was truly a delightful place to shop. Lovely people, great products and just a warm, wonderful environment. If you are ever in Pacific Grove, here is their info: http://www.monarchknitting.com/ Did you know that you can buy yarn made from buffalo hair? It was a really nice learning experience to see what is available. I bought these beautiful buttons that are made from antlers that have been naturally shed. The package assures this and that absolutely no animals were harmed to make the product. I thought that they were neat in an organic kinda way.

The yarn world has really changed, just like all crafts. This yarn pictured is actually netted and so you just knit along one edge. It is pre-lacey and makes the cute scarf pictured here. The pattern came free with the yarn. I think the scarf is really pretty. I am thinking that I could make some cute gifts for friends, too.

Changing lanes here: One of my favorite blogs to visit is on my blog roll and is called Mennonite Girls Can Cook. ( There is a seriously delicious recipe on there today for Key Lime Cheesecake.) There are wonderful recipes on this blog, but I have been thinking about a post they made yesterday from Psalms, which is actually my favorite book of the Bible. Psalms have seen me through some really dark days in my life.

Anyway, they posted this yesterday: "Psalm 37: 7-9 " Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land." NIV"

I have learned some really beautiful lessons in the past year or so from some really wonderful teachers, who are my dear friends. I have found that miracles take place when I let go of worry and anxiety. First of all, there is far less drama. But when I just put my faith and trust in the fact that God will take me where I need to go, I end up where I should be. That place is usually in a far more peaceful and serene place, where I feel totally secure in God's love. He has always provided for me those things that I need. I have a dear friend who has said to me that she guards her serenity with her life. I have learned to do the same and now instead of worrying, I am able to see beauty and be thankful for it. It actually feels a lot better than the suffering that worrying brings.

No comments: