Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Present From Across The Pond

It was Knitting Circle night and we had so much fun. We had Shepherd's Pie for dinner and it was delish! I got to see my wonderful daughter there. When I got there, she said she had something for me. So she handed me this container of Cadbury drinking chocolate from England! Her knitting friend sent it for me from England because my daughter had mentioned that I was eyeballing hers. LOL So now I have my own. I feel like I should save it for a special occasion. I am so excited to try it.

I do not think that I have shared how much I really love hot cocoa or sipping chocolate. It is so comforting at the end of the day. I even make homemade marshmallows to go into it. Actually, another friend at work also loves hot cocoa and keeps emergency marshmallows in her desk cupboard. So now it is confession time. I actually stockpile hot cocoa mixes. I have two tins of Trader Joe's Dark Sipping Chocolate that you can only get at the holidays. My BFF gave me a tin of Trader Joe's Peppermint Sipping Chocolate. My friend at work gave me the new packets Mi Abuelita Mexican hot cocoa. At Christmas I bought a huge tin of Starbucks hot cocoa mix at Costco. And now the crown jewel of my hot cocoa collection is Cadbury. I can't wait to try it. I think I will have to whip up a new batch of marshmallows. Yum!

You would think that since I was at Knitting Club, I would have gotten stitching done, but no. I was eating and talking and laughing. It was fun. I am going to the yarn store with my daughter this weekend to get some yarn to actually knit. I am stoked. In the meantime, I have to find a small project to stitch as a thank you for the lovely gift from England. I so appreciate that they did that for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love hot chocolate too, but I have never gotten into all those fancy kinds. Hmmmm, I see another collection looming.

A Playful Day said...

I'm so glad you like it- I'll bring some more over for you in September. x