Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Total Domestic Diva Night

I was talking on the phone tonight with my BFF, who also sings in the Symphony Chorus, along with her hubby. We were both saying that the problem with our whirlwind musical tour is that our households fall apart over that weekend. This was most certainly true in my house. Therefore, I spent this evening baking brownies for Knitting Circle tomorrow night, and scrubbing the heck out of my kitchen. It looks so lovely and I am not afraid to lean on the counters now. Prior to their cleaning, I might have gotten stuck.

I had to go to the eye doctor this afternoon because I have been noticing my glasses are not working as well as they used to. I heart my eye doctor, who told me I used my glasses up and I needed a new prescription. I told him that I really use my eyes a lot to read and cross stitch. The best part was that I did not have to get my eyes dilated. I really was not in the mood for it, so I was happy dancing about not having to walk around with dark glasses (like I do when I am avoiding the paparazzi. They are always hounding me! LOL)

The best place in the whole world to get eyeglasses is Costco. They are awesome and so helpful. Best of all they are reasonable. I read every night before I go to bed, so I tend to accidently leave them on the nightstand. So I ordered two cute pairs, one for home and one for work. Best of all, when you order a spare pair at Costco, you get $25 off. So my bill for two pairs of bifocals--$224. The young lady at the counter was uber helpful in finding frames that work with my mid-view lenses. They have to be a certain size, so I was limited. The young lady went through and measured and found me the ones that would work.

My doctor said that I have to retire my old glasses. So I have been thinking about all of the beautiful things I have seen through these glasses. I have read amazing books with them, I have stitched beautiful things with them, I have done research with them, I have earned a living with them, I have looked at a beautiful little dog with them, and read seed packets, recipes, medicine bottles, assembly instructions, company policies, and cards and letters from beautiful friends. They have served me so well, and have helped me to see so much beauty.

No comments: