Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ordinary Day

I am finding that the more ordinary my day is, the more I treasure it. It has been a hectic few weeks, but after I finished work at about noon yesterday, I got do a little housecleaning, took a nap and read a book. I went to bed absurdly early at 8pm. Do I know how to party or what?!

Church was really good this morning, it was a beautiful sunshiney day and I got to wear a dress for the first time this season. I have felt so blessed all day long. After the church service, I was talking with one of my church girlfriends who just got back from a trip. She said that she had been reading a book about the importance of female friendships in the lives of women, so we started a conversation about the depth of friendships amongst women. We support each other so much through talking and sharing. I do not know what I would do without my girlfriends. Each of my friends is a smart, caring and wise woman. Most of them make me laugh like heck. I was really blessed today because I was able to talk on the phone today with a few of my friends this afternoon. Totally clears my head! Plus I got to laugh alot.

It was nice to spend time yacking with my friends. I also got to take a long walk with Liesl on the beach. She looks so happy when she is on the beach. Then she will let me know when it is time to go. She got her puppy feet wet, then we came home so she could take a nap. I worked on a paper for my class (three more weeks to go!) and relaxed. I made homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner, watered my yard which is in full bloom, and came in for the evening. Now I am in for an evening of Steven Hawking on Discovery, a little warm dog laying next to me, and rummaging through my pattern box. Such an ordinary day and I am so blessed.

No comments: