Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday

The other day my daughter and I decided that since it is still so light after work, that we should meet and walk twice a week. Liesl and I meet her on a path by the beach. We did our after work walk yesterday and today, taking different routes each day. Tonight we got to see baby goslings and baby harbor seals along the way. It was very cool. I must say that I am a bit tired and will sleep really well tonight. Liesl came home a little overly tired which equaled her being really wound up. She had picked up some hard-to-remove stickers in her fur at lunchtime on our walk, so she had to have a last minute bath. The bath makes the stickers a little easier to remove. Now she is out like a light. She cracks me up because she sleeps with her puppy legs up on the armrest of the sofa.

I was able to stitch for a little while tonight. I worked on my little windmill picture. I can only do a little at a time because the stitches are so small. I am afraid this is not the most relaxing piece I have ever stitched, but it will be quite beautiful. But hey, it is the journey, right?!

I am reading a really fascinating book right now called, "Letters From the Hive." It is about bees. I have always been fascinated by bees. I am really interested in their social structure and how the work is organized in the hive. I also like the part that bees and honey play in history dating back to cave paintings and in ancient Egypt. Honey has long been known for its medicinal qualities. I just think bees are so very cool. Although I believe in buying local honey, I have no interest in beekeeping though. Sadly, though I am fascinated by this illustrious creatures, I am a deathly allergic to their stings.

Off to get my beauty rest!

No comments: