Saturday, November 20, 2010

It Was A Dark and Stormy Night...

Whoa, Nelly, it rained hard tonight. The rain was pouring down and the wind was blowing hard. At times Liesl got up from her nap to bark at the noise on the roof because the rain was coming down so hard. Luckily, it was still nice when I went out and had lunch with my friend. I came home and took Liesie for a walk thinking I would beat the rain. At one point Liesl decided that she did not want to walk anymore, and gave me a look that suggested that we should turn around. (Mini schnauzers are master communicators.) I tend to trust the looks she has in her eyes so we turned around. Within a minute or so the wind kicked up, the temperature dropped, and the rain started. She is amazing with what she knows. We ran home, she got a cookie and some warm hugs, and we both relaxed and watch the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

It was so nice to putter around the house while it rained outside. My kitchen is all sparkly clean, my stitching corner is all organized, and the furniture is dusted. I have a few things to straighten up tomorrow, but nothing huge. In addition to my puttering around, I had put my dinner in the crockpot. It was the first time I made beef stroganoff in the crockpot and it was so delicious! Plus it smelled good all afternoon. I absolutely love my crockpot. Plus I have lots of leftovers for the week. It really helps how it stretches food and it is so delicious. Yum!

I am looking forward to stitching tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps tomorrow will be the day I finally finish Willie. I have to finish my chores first, but that will go quickly. Then I will cuddle up to a small, cute dog and stitch away while it rains outside.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I just love reading about Liesel! she sounds like such a wonderful dog!

I'd love the recipe for your beef stroganoff. I use my crock pot quite a bit too. Now I'm getting hungry! :-)

Patti said...

Hi Terri!

Thank you so much for the nice words about Liesl. She is truly a character! LOL

I will post a recipe for the beef stroganoff in the next couple of days. It is one of my favorite dishes and the meat came out so tender in the crockpot.