Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Really Good Day

First of all I have to share my news: Shock. Total and utter shock is what I felt tonight as I read my email. We got the notice that the mid-term exam that I was stressing about last weekend, was graded and up on the class website. As I went to sign in to the class to get my grade, my stomach did flip flops. It was a hard test with a two hour time limit. In addition to the multiple choice there were three essay questions. One essay had eleven parts that had to be addressed. I finished with three minutes to spare and did not even have time to proof read. This is something I have worried about and regretted all week...

So I signed in, hoping the whole time that I got at least a B, but worrying that it would be less than that. I looked at the grade, and it was an A. Not only that but my professor had written several notes throughout saying that it was the best exam in the class and that my answers were excellent. He went on to say that I think like an economist, and have I considered going on to be an economist? What an honor. I am just amazed. I had stressed so much over this exam, and to have such over the top results is a bit overwhelming.

What is really funny in all of this, is if you would have told me while I was growing up that I would end up being an accountant and in the field of finance, I would never have believed it. Math was not my strong suit and caused me to mentally beat myself up and cry when I could not grasp some of the concepts. I loved reading, composition, art and music and thought I would end up in a creative field. I was far more creative and right brained. It is funny how life turns out.

In general, today was a really good day. I have a really busy week with long hours ahead of me this week. Tomorrow I have to be at work at 6:30 am to process payroll. So today, I felt it was important to stay home and get some rest. It stormed most of the morning, so it was good to be inside. I finished cleaning up the house, vacuumed, gave Liesl her bath, etc. In the afternoon, it was cold and gloomy. Rather than turn the heat on, I got back under all of my blankets and read a book cover to cover. It was "A Thousand Splendid Suns" which is a totally amazing, brilliant and beautiful book. It was nice to sit and read all afternoon. Liesl thought it was a magnificent idea and napped all afternoon on the bed next to me. It was comforting hearing her little puppy snores...

I am planning on stitching this evening. I have a homework assignment to finish, but after that I will be stitching. I have to go to bed early so I can wake up early and go off to work before it is light. It is still suppose to rain for the next couple of days, so I have to dig Liesl's raincoat out. (She will be thrilled. Not.) So I better get started on it all.

Hope you have a happy Monday!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Patti, CONGRATULATIONS on the A!!!!! That is so Awesome-Amazing-Astounding- okay enough of my A-words. LOL

hugs
-missy-

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Congrats on the A !! Glad you got to read this afternoon. Rainy days make for good reading days !!

Prettypics123 said...

Congrats on the A. Way to go! Love your picture of your doggie. My little girl is named Gingee. She's my cavalier king charles spaniel. I love digital photography and love shooting Central Coast California shots where I live as a volunteer campground host.

Patti said...

Thank you so much for your kind words of congrats! I really appreciate it!