Monday, November 15, 2010

It was really good to have that midterm exam behind me. I did not realize how much stress it was causing me and how many of my thoughts were occupied by it last week. Now that it is passed, I feel so much relief. I was able to read a novel at lunchtime, go to church choir practice, and now I am getting ready to stitch with a light heart. My nerves were still a little to jangled to sleep right away last night, so I am looking forward to sleeping well tonight.

It was so much fun at church tonight. I got to see my friends and we have such a good time together. I came home and was greeted with more puppy kisses than usual, which was an extra special treat.

I have had a few conversations with different people in the last couple of days that were able to stay home for the weekend. We have talked about what a special treat it is to spend one weekend day at home and not getting into the car for anything. It is special to be able to get up leisurely, drink a cup of tea, putter around the house, work on a craft, and just be in in your sanctuary. It regenerates the soul and recharges the batteries. I remember once hearing Oprah describe the home as "the artful expression of who you are". Whether it is a studio apartment or four bedroom house, it is your space, where you invite in people who love you back, where you create and rejoice, where you can be totally at home with who you are. And like Dorothy said, there's no place like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so true! 'There is no place like home.' I am one that does treasure my time at home. I can get involved in a million different things to keep myself busy :>) I remember the days when I went to school and the relief I felt when a mid term or exam was over. Enjoy this time! Even better is when you get your grade and see how well you have done :>)