Monday, December 6, 2010

Ah, A Nice, Quiet Evening

I had one of those ordinary evenings that I so love. Came home and had fish sticks for dinner. Yummy. I love fish sticks. I made Liesie a special little dinner, too. She seems to have had a tummy ache the past couple of days. She has not eaten her dinner in two nights, and when she goes outside she starts eating grass. No bueno. So I made her a little plate of rice with a little bit of cottage cheese. She ate that all up, so hopefully she is on the mend. Hopefully, she will be her usual sassy self tomorrow.

I had big, big plans of stitching tonight. I started seperating my floss for Ellie May. I figure I will embellish and do the finishing on both pieces at the same time. I love the colors for both of these pieces. Lori Birmingham is a master of color. I did not actually get to stitch because something that I love much more than stitching happened. My children and I stay in touch at least a couple of times a week. They are all grown up, on their own and thankfully, live close by. Tonight my daughter called me, so I got to talk with her for a while, catch up on the weekend's activities and laugh about some of the silly stuff in life. That is way more fun than stitching.

I am already thinking about what I am going to stitch after Ellie May. I am planning on stitching a big project, but I am not sure which one yet. I have some pieces in my stash that I have wanted to stitch for years. Some are so dramatic and a real challenge, which is really exciting to me. Our rainy season is upon us through March so it is prime time for me to stay inside and stitch. Decisions, decisions...

No comments: