Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'm A Rebel...

I don't know what got into me today. Maybe it was the lack of sleep this past week, or perhaps the cleaning products that I was using to clean my messy little bitty house, but I decided today I was going to clip all of the "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" tags off of all of the throw pillows. I got tired of always positioning the pillows with the tags tucked under them, with the strip of white showing. So I took a pair of scissors and snipped off every last one. I feel kind of naughty. I hope Santa still comes...

So today was my day of domesticity. I got my house cleaned, stitched, read my book, got seven loads of laundry done (sheets and blankets were overdue), gave Liesie a much needed bath, and played tug o' war and fetch for as long as my arm could hold out. I also got my craft room/office all cleaned up and disposed of my class notes, old tests, and put my school stuff away. I did not bake, but I still have tomorrow after I run my errands after church. My house is squeaky clean. I also have clean sheets, truly one of life's simplest and greatest pleasures.

I am still getting used to the idea of not having a class. I am identifying stitching projects that I really want to work on. For a challenge I would really like to do Teresa Wentzler's Fruit Bellpull. I have the kit, and actually put a couple of stitches into it a few years ago. I think this would be a very worthwhile endeavor. I have never done this before, but I am actually considering a project rotation so I do not get bored with one long project. When this happens I usually just put the project to the side, and unfortunately do not work on anything. So perhaps it would be better to have a back up.

The other cool thing about having more time is that my friends are all happy that I will have more time to spend with them. They are really proud of me for my schoolwork, but are really happy that I will have more time to have dinner, or coffee, or walks, and not be studying all of the time. I am really glad that I will have more time to spend with them, too. It looks like the next eight months are truly going to be a gift.

1 comment:

Leisha said...

Enjoy your time for yourself! It is truly a blessing! I love reading your blog and looking at your pictures! I as well, love cross stitching and have done it for many years!
Leisha
keeperofthefarmhouse@blogspot.com