Saturday, December 4, 2010

Alive and Kicking

Oh my goodness, it is so nice to be home today. I slept in, had a cup of tea, turned on the classical music station on the radio and have been puttering around the house tidying up from my hectic week. I feel really satisfied with the work that was done this week. I have a similar schedule next week, but I really feel good about it. I am so grateful that I have a job in general, but I am especially grateful that I have one that brings a sense of satisfaction about my work.

However, I am really tired in a good way. My weekend started wonderfully with dinner with a dear friend last night. I was a bit concerned that I would not be good company because I was so tired, but she suggested a local diner and we went and had wonderful comfort food and great conversation. I felt so peaceful, relaxed and content. It was the perfect start of the weekend. I really love my friends. They are so awesome.

The uniform of the day is sweats today. I have already done some housework, and plan on making this a Patti and Liesl day. It is gray, overcast and is threatening to rain. It is a good day to craft and relax. She is already curled up in her blankie, and I am wondering if I should work on a piece of hardanger or knit a dog sweater. While Liesie does not like them, she is getting groomed on Friday, which means she will be cold. I have a sweater design that I think will be the least offensive to her. In any case, I will be crafting today and will post my project tonight.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: