Thursday, December 23, 2010

In Like A Lion, Out Like a Lamb...

The week started crazy but ended really sweet. The week even started with stormy weather this week, and today the sun was out.

Tonight was awesome. I met a friend for dinner, then we went over to Candy Cane Lane in Pacific Grove, where residents deck their houses out with lighting and lawn decorations. It is a major deal here every year for locals during the holidays. The lights were so pretty. People really go all out. I am in a holiday mood now. We really had a lot of fun, and it was really neat to see all of the kids so excited.

Today was really great at work. Everyone was in a festive mood and were exchanging small gifts and cards. I made gift bags of homemade vanilla marshmallows for several of my co-workers to put in their hot cocoa, just as a small gift. Several of us are hot cocoa connoisseurs. The marshmallows seemed well received. Once you have had a homemade marshmallow, it is hard to go back. If you would like a recipe, here is the one I use. Mine did not look as pretty as Martha's though, but she has people to make them pretty: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/vanilla-marshmallows?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/marshmallow-recipes By the way, they are super easy to make. What was really cute was that one of my work friends gave me hot cocoa for Christmas.

Today, is a special day. Three years ago, a little rag-a-muffin, four month old puppy was sent from Heaven. She looked so scared and so small that day. She had not been well treated in her former home, and her fur was really scraggly. She did not even know how to jump. The next day, she woke up and she was all attitude. LOL This was her first day with us:



This is Liesl now, pictured with her new Santa Bobo that one of our volunteers gave her for Christmas. She had been sleeping with her head resting on it, but woke up just as I snapped the photo:


Thank goodness she came into my life. I just love her little furry self so much. I gave her a little puzzle ball for her anniversary. She has been cracking me up chasing this ball around, trying to get the treats out of it. Her best method seems to be to hit it as hard as she can, which sends it spinning across the floor. Then she pounces and hits it again.

Tomorrow I am off for the holiday. Liesie and I will take a walk on the beach, then I need to finish up my stitched gifts for my friends. Then off to church for Christmas Eve services.

Enjoy your holiday!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Patti, nothing like holiday lights to put you in the spirit. When I walk the pups I love to take an extra long walk and look at the lights and trees in our neighborhood.

She looks just like my Licorice in her puppy picture. I am sure she is very happy to have you as her furmom. I hope you and her have a Very Merry Christmas!