Thursday, December 9, 2010

All is calm and all is bright in my little corner of the world. I have really been enjoying all of the beautiful holiday lights as I drive home at night. I think it is wonderful that people decorate their lawns and homes with lights for the enjoyment of others. They are so beautiful and so cheerful. This season really is a banquet for the senses when we slow down and notice everything. I love all of the spicy smells and the scent of pine wreaths as I was into my local Trader Joe's. The music is beautiful and I especially love church this time of year.

I am off tomorrow so I feel like I can stay up late tonight. I may make it to 10:30 pm. Whoohoo. Wild, that's how I roll. LOL Tomorrow night I have a performance with the chorus that I sing with, so I took a vacation day so that I would not be all worn out for it. I have to be out most of the day tomorrow. Liesl is going to the groomer and I have to get my hair done, too. Both of us are way overdue and each of us have our bangs in our eyes.

I realized where I am in terms of status today. I was excited because there was a Christmas card in the mailbox today. Then I saw that it was not for me. It was for Liesl! Her groomer, who is a really amazing lady, always sends Liesl a Christmas card and a Valentine. I showed Liesl the picture, then read it to her. She had her smiley face on so I think she understood a little.

I am actually going to stitch tonight for a while. It feels nice to not have to rush around tonight. I am thinking it is also a good night to read my book. I am reading, "The Other Boleyn Girl." Oh, my goodness, this is a good book and has more drama than you can shake a stick at. It is over 600 pages long and is so hard to put down at the end of my lunch break. So I get to read and stitch for at least a little while. A very special treat.

No comments: