Thursday, December 16, 2010

We Are Getting Some Weather...

Oh, my goodness, we had a freeze last night. Everything was frosted when I got up this morning. Poor Liesl was too cold to go for a full walk this morning, and clearly communicated that she wanted to go home where it was warm. It started to rain on the way home tonight. They were big drops, too. It is supposed to rain through the weekend. This is okay because I plan on staying home on Saturday to bake, clean and stitch. Liesl and I need a staying home day.

Today was awesome. One of my friends at work that enters fairs asked if I was going to enter a couple of other area fairs that I am eligible for. I usually just do the County Fair. She mentioned that one of them has a January or February deadline for entry, which is sooner than I thought about. I am considering what I could have ready by that time. I love entering fairs, and I feel it is my duty as a resident here to encourage other handcrafters to showcase their work. It is so important that we keep interest up for these art forms.

The other cool thing that happened was that the professor for my class emailed me to let me know that I have gotten an A in my class. I feel so relieved. Microeconomics is the hardest class I have ever taken, so I really feel good about this grade.

Good things come in threes so here is the last of my items. Oprah's book club reads this time are Great Expectations and A Tale of Two Cities, both by Charles Dickens. I really love classic literature, and find that they are usually classics for a good reason. Anyway, I thought that I would have to try to get them from the library, but thought I would check Amazon. Both books were available for my Kindle for free. How awesome is that!

Well, I am off to complete this really good day with some stitching! Have a happy Friday!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I am such a freeze baby, no one could ever guess I grew up along the shores of Lake Erie LOL Thank goodness for heat :)

I love to read the classics, that is one reason why I am so in love with my kindle I am able to pick books that I never would have thought about reading before, I have not read on my kindle in awhile, the holidays and all are a busy time. But after the New Year I hope to knock out some of the books on my Kindle.

Take care, have fun baking and stay warm :)

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Oh... You are a Rebel !!! LOL I cut the tags off as soon as I purchase pillows. You should be tired from all that cleaning... Enjoy yourdelf now that you have more time.. Merry christmas !!