Monday, December 27, 2010

Back To Reality

Wow. That weekend sure flew by. I am proud to say that I made it through the day without a butter sauce, a cream sauce, or a butter cream sauce, for that matter. It was rough but I was a good girl. I had toast for breakfast, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, and eggplant parmagian with a green salad for dinner. I had a few Peppermint Joe Joe's for dessert, but I restricted myself to a reasonable number.

I am trying to restore order to my kingdom here. (Actually, my little 600 square foot house is referred to by my friends as "The Estate." This makes it sound so much bigger like I have grounds and stables, etc. LOL) Anyway, as with most folks, some chores went by the wayside during the height of the holidays, so I need to get things back in order. I really wanted to stitch tonight, but I also do not want to spend next weekend on chores. So I am doing one significant project a day after work. Tonight while I cooked dinner, I straightened up my laundry room/pantry area. I also organized my food cabinet to take a little inventory of what I have. Both the cabinet and pantry shelves are organized and neat, and the laundry room looks organized. Love it! Tomorrow, I organize the cookbooks and the pots & pans cabinet.

I am thinking about what I want to be and do in 2011, particularly since I have some time. A few months ago, I ordered an inexpensive set of rosary beads from Amazon. They are made of olive wood from the Holy Land, with a tiny bit of soil from Bethlehem. I am a practicing Lutheran, but I really want to learn how to pray the rosary. There are books that I want to read, time I want to spend with all of my friends, hikes I want to take, day trips I want to take with Liesl (she really goes with the flow and is a great companion.) I would really like to take a day trip to hike Yosemite with Liesl. I have never been there and I understand that some parts of the park are dog friendly now. That may be a bit too ambitious for me though. There are also missions in Monterey County, that I have not been able to visit yet. I have been to the Carmel Mission & Soledad Mission, but there are quite a few of them here. There are pieces I want to stitch, quilts I want to make. It is going to be a busy year, full of miracles. I am so excited.

No comments: