Sunday, December 26, 2010

On The Third Day of Christmas...

Oh my goodness, I am partied out! Sometime ago, one of my girlfriends and I decided that we were going to have Christmas dinner together today at a restaurant and exchange our gifts. After church we met and had a lovely lunch. It was so much fun and a really relaxing way of bringing the holiday to a close. When it came time to exchange gifts, she gave me this totally adorable set of measuring cups. She knows that I love a retro/vintage look, particularly with cherries for my kitchen. I am over the moon for this set. I have to find a way to display them. I had given her a book that I knew she would love, and the stitched "L" that was on my blog the other day. She was very excited, because she loves red, too! We split a piece of Olallieberry Pie, then declared the holiday over, for tomorrow I diet. LOL

It was nice to come home to a normal afternoon. My desk is not covered with stuff and wrapping paper. I have my sweats on, my feet up and bad television on. Liesl is napping, snuggled up to me. I am going to read my book and go to bed early.

It has been a beautiful weekend. It has been a blessing to spend time with my family and friends. The time has been filled with beauty and laughter. Now it is ending perfectly, with everything quiet, with a small dog, and I am thinking a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner and a Philippa Gregory book. I love simplicity and I am happy to have a simple evening at home.

It is back to work tomorrow! It is a busy week since it is the last week of 2010. Hope you have a great Monday!

No comments: