Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ahhhhhh...Quiet...

Today was a nice, quiet day. I puttered around in my craft room/office for a while and put some things in order. I put all of my beads in one place and realized that I have more findings than I can possibly used. I really need to make some nice bracelets and necklaces.

I am stitching a little gift for a friend to give her a little lift. I can't post a picture right now on the off chance that she will check my blog, and I do not want to spoil the surprise. After I give it to her this week, I will definitely share a photo. It was nice to sit quietly and stitch. I also pulled some patterns out to give them a closer look to see if I want to put them in the lineup for this year. There are so many that I want to do, but alas, there is so little time...

I was happy to have a nice day at home. Liesl seems to really enjoy a day off at home, too. She got to play in her sunny backyard, chasing birds and digging for gophers. It makes her happy. The weather is still gorgeous here and it looks like it will be for the next couple of weeks. While this is nice, it is supposed to be our rainy season. This is of concern because it means we will either have some drought conditions this year or we will be pummelled with rain in February and March. Anyway, I caught my little Liesie-girl laying down in the sun several times in the yard. She looked so content being warmed by the sunshine.

I really love to see Liesl's smile and when she looks content. I love watching the unbridled joy of dogs running on the beach. I feel like I learn alot about happiness from watching Liesl. She doesn't just eat a cookie, she gets excited about getting one, then has to take it to just the right place to maximize the joy of eating her cookie. She loves the sunshine, the bliss of a good nap, and is excited whether we are going to work, the beach, for a walk or home. Everyplace we go is an adventure with a bounty of people to meet and things to see. She lets people and dogs that are her friends know that she is so happy to see them. She is just such a happy girl. I can learn alot from her.

1 comment:

Gillie said...

So glad you had a good day. Very envious of the temperatures - I'm in rather damp UK and on Wednesday, I'll be in chilly Michigan! Hugs to Liesl :)