Monday, January 17, 2011

Blissful Weekend!

What a great weekend! Today was absolute bliss. It was so wonderful to have the extra day. Liesl and I slept in until about 8 am, which was heavenly and a bit past our usual sleeping in time. I had a nice cup of tea then went over to my favorite local auto repair, because my front brakes have been making weird noises. They did a full inspection and declared that my brakes are in perfect condition. They explained that with the cold weather, brakes make weird noises, plus I have a convertible PT Cruiser, which are not the quietest of rides. (Nor are they the smoothest, but they are really darn cute!) After all that, they refused to charge me. They are so awesome. I think I will bring some cookies or something as a thank you. They really treat their customers so well.

Other than that, I came home and did some gardening in the beautiful sunshiney weather, while the Great Gopher Hunter went to work in the garden. Her beard and her head were covered in mud from putting her head down gopher holes. She had fun but ended up taking her second full bath in as many days. I did not get much gardening done, because I had to keep pulling a schnauzer out of gopher holes and providing dog bathing services. I do not know what I will do if she ever catches one. Yuck. But this is one of the things mini schnauzers are bred to do, so I accept her and love her as she is. She is totally determined and serious when she is watching gopher holes and gets the twitchy leg, ready to spring into action. LOL

After the sorta gardening and dog bathing, I stitched this afternoon. I resolved my issues with the golds on Ellie May's hat by pulling out my DMC collection and matching the colors before I put any more stitches in. The stitching went smoothly and her hat is almost done. Whoohoo! It was a wonderful evening of stitching, too. My daughter got me hooked on Pawn Stars on the History Channel. It is sort of like a Vegas Antiques Road Show. It was just a totally blissful day, and I loved stitching the afternoon away.

It is really a beautiful thing when to feel so refreshed and renewed after such a wonderful weekend. I am ready to go back to work and give it my all. I feel like I have fed the artistic part of me over the weekend. In addition, I got to spend time with friends and family since Friday. It has been a blissful weekend, and I feel so content and peaceful.

No comments: