Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Weekend Is Almost Here!

Oh my goodness, I have had a busy week. I am looking forward to fun this weekend! One of the members of the chorus I belong to got a terrier a few months ago, so we have arranged a beach playdate for our pups on Saturday. Liesl loves to play with other dogs, and we are kinda hoping that our dogs will tire each other out. LOL Saturday night I am going to a wonderful concert with friends from church. I am really looking forward to it.

Tonight is lovely. I had to work late, but came home to a nice warm house. Liesl and I have just had a quiet evening. I was happy to see my little package from 123stitch arrived with a package of needles, carrot button noses, and a piece of fabric I needed for a project. Nothing glamorous, but necessary. Other than that I played with Liesl, gave her a few cuddles and tucked her into her blankie. I plan on stitching the rest of the evening away on Ellie May with my feet up and in my new socks.

My friend is starting a knitting circle next week that I am really looking forward to. I have to look through my stuff for an easy dog sweater so I can talk and knit. My friend is such a neat person and has put together a nice group that spans all ages and abilities. I have been wanting to be a part of a craft circle for a long time, so this will be fun. She is cooking us dinner for the first one, so we can all get to know one another over a meal. This is going to be so much fun. Plus I will get to know more friends. Yay!

Well, I guess it is time to pick up my project. Weeknights go so fast after I get home, especially when I get home late. It makes me treasure my stitching time even more.

No comments: