Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Face of Trouble...

Well, here is little Miss Liesl. She likes to sit in front of the ottoman and just stare at me. I think she does it because it cracks me up. Sometimes she will rest her chin on the ottoman as though she is incredibly bored. She is so cute when she does it.

I had a beautiful day. It was really rainy this morning when I went to church, but it settled down enough by late afternoon that Liesl and I were able to go for a walk on the beach. The sun was starting to settle behind the Santa Lucia mountains, and the beach was bathed in a golden light. Since we had high winds with the storms, all sorts of beautiful shells had washed up. It looked like the beach was covered in sparkling treasure. Liesl played in the surf and chased the birds, and just looked so happy. I love the look of a happy dog. It makes my heart smile. We really had a lovely walk. It was so beautiful and I was in awe of the big grayish clouds over the water and how the sunlight made them look.

Liesl was a bit tired after her long walk, so after we both ate supper, she snuggled up next to me on her blanket and worked on a chewie for a while before she drifted off to puppy dream land. It was so nice, warm and cozy. I got to stitch a bit on Ellie May in this blissful state.

I was stumbling around the web yesterday and I came upon the information that Stitching Bits and Bobs is having a really good sale that ends tomorrow, 20-25% off of almost everything. I ordered from them about a year and a half ago and found them to be a good resource, particularly for Permin. Their shipping is a little slow but for the prices they have right now, it is worth the wait. I am not ordering right now (I am stitching what I already own), but I wanted to pass the info on.

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Irene said...

My Tiger does the same thing, rests her head and stares what seems like forever :) If only they could talk, maybe not *LOL*