Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fun Evening!

It has been a long hard week. I worked until about 10 last night and worked from home most of today. I am so glad that I had a fun evening to look forward to.

My dear friends, Lowell and Barbara, invited our pastor and I to join them as their guests to the Volunteer Gala at the Monterey Aquarium. They are very active there. I had such a lovely time. It was pretty neat to see the exhibits at night. I have been meaning to see the seahorse exhibit for about two years. They are amazing creatures and the exhibit was magnificent.

It was fun to put on a nice outfit and my sparkly beads for a special dinner and conversation with my dear friends. Dinner was exceptional, but the best part was that they had the most delicious little cupcakes for dessert.

I am so proud of my friends and the work that they put in as docents. The aquarium is truly a gem here on the Monterey Peninsula and I am proud of their research and protection of the oceans and wetlands.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We were there several years ago, and were very impressed. Of course, Monteray is one of my favorite spots. We are so lucky as Americans to have so many beautiful places to visit!