Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oy Vey!

It was another day working late tonight. On top of that I needed to go to the grocery store and Target so I did not walk in my front door until after 7. The case of total Lutheran guilt was settling in as Liesl usually gets her dinner at between 6 and 6:30, so I was expecting that she was starving. But with the price of gas being what it is, I am trying to conserve gas by combining errands. She did not seem as concerned as I was about it.

I am also trying to get things done before the weekend. We get one day a year at work as a sanctioned mental health day, that comes out of our sick time. We can use it for any purpose, but ideally it is used for a day for yourself. What can I say, we are progressive where I work. Anyway, I am taking mine on Monday and I can not wait. Except for church, I only intend to leave my house to take Liesl to her favorite beach. I have been working a lot of hours and I would like to stay home and do some spring cleaning, gardening, stitching, reading, napping and watching the race at Talledega. I need a weekend at home with my dog and all of my stitchy toys. Liesl loves to be home, too, and especially loves Saturdays when she gets her momma all to herself.

I am a bit nervous, because it is my turn this week to make dinner for the ladies in my knitting group. Each of them have made fabulous dinners, so the pressure is on. I am making a crockpot recipe, so it should be nice and hot when I serve it.

Well, I am off to dreamland...



No comments: