Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

I love Palm Sunday. After Lent being so solemn, quiet and reflective, Palm Sunday is a bit more energetic. Today was the reading of St. Matthew's Passion by the congregation, which provides the gateway to Holy Week. I love Holy Week. It is quite a journey, both introspectively and collectively.

After church today, I rushed home to watch the race at Talledega, my very favorite racetrack. It was a good race, and I actually finished knitting my scarf while I watched it. I will get to wear it this week. Yay! It is so ruffly and cute. I actually have red yarn to make the same scarf. This will be fun to knit again and so quick!

There was time today to play in my craft room. Since this is also my office, (in my itty bitty 600 square foot house) a lot of things tend to end up in there on the desk. Mail, files, dog toys in need of repair, magazines, patterns, etc. So I am always grateful when I have the time to straighten up all of my toys. I really need to have a full on Spring cleaning in my craft room/office/library. I love the space in there. It is so cozy and I have it decorated in a very girlie style. Liesl likes to hang out in there, too. She has a large bed in there and naps all stretched out.

I pulled out Star Spangled Banner tonight. Before you know it, it will be time for the fair, so I need to get it done. I am working on a little backstitching so I can orient the letters. I am glad that I took a small break from it so that I had a chance to miss it. Absence did make the heart grow fonder.

I am off tomorrow. I feel like it should be like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, where I totally have to make it count. LOL I am looking forward to finishing up some business I have to take care of. After that, however, it should be a day of fun with Liesl and all of my stitching toys. Bliss!

No comments: