Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday

Just a short post tonight. I have been sick the past couple of days, but I wanted to show my progress from earlier in the week. The photo does not really do justice to show the size of this piece. It is on a piece of fabric that is a yard wide and 1/2 yard high. So, it is pretty big. When I am stitching the letters, I move pretty quickly so I stitch it in hand. If I did it on q-snaps or stretcher bars, I would be moving them constantly. In order to stitch in hand I have to roll up a lot of the fabric and hold it rolled in my hand. It will be really impressive and dramatic when it is done.

I have received questions about the pattern itself. It is "Star Spangled Banner" by Rosewood Manor. I do love their patterns. The color keys are easy to read and are well organized in a way that make sense to me.

Well, I gotta turn in. I am still on the mend, and need lots of rest to get me through Friday. I am happy that Comcast will be playing the Royal Wedding on Demand, so I can watch it at a reasonable time this weekend.

1 comment:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Sorry to hear you have been feeling bad. Take care of yourself. I will be watching this weekend too. It starts at 3:00 am here in Alabama.