Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Nice Day With My Furgirl

Today was a really nice day. It started with Liesl and I at Carmel Beach. It was a gorgeous day and the water was clear and beautiful. Liesl got to run the beach and play with the other dogs, so she was pretty happy. Carmel Beach is a dog beach and is leash free. In general, the dogs there behave and all get along, so it is like Disneyland for dogs.

I had a lot of catching up to do on my chores, so I got them done, then napped much of the afternoon. I was a sleepy girl. I was able to do some stitching in the afternoon and evening. I am coming into the home stretch on my pillowcase. I just hope that I stay motivated so I can finish the other one. Having just one will look kinda funky on my bed. LOL I love the fact that it is a really quick stitch! The colors are pretty, too.

The highlight of my day was getting back to back phone calls from two of my best friends this afternoon. These women are so wise, and I love the fact that we get to talk about really deep subjects. My dear friend made an interesting point today about drama. She said that the universe is a really big place, and when you think about it, you realize how insignificant a lot of the drama in our lives is. My friend is a really wise woman.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your pillowcase is looking really good. I envy your time on the beach. I am not much a fan of the Florida beaches, but I love the northern CA beaches! And your friend is right about drama. We waste so much time and energy on it. I don't think I know anyone that is completely immune of doing this.