Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, Monday, La La...

Well, it was a rather satisfying day. I had a huge accounting puzzle that I worked on all day, and seem to have solved just as I was leaving at 5:30. I am glad that I did not have to come home with it being unsolved and dancing around in my head. Instead, I got to come home, make a healthy and tasty dinner, and then take my dear sweet little Liesl for a walk. I just love that time alone with her. She trots ahead of me, and all I see is the view across her sweet little head. It is a time when I can not be interrupted by the phone or distracted by anything else that has to get done.

I had the pleasure of watching "Human Planet" on Discovery last night. Wow! Okay, it was visually stunning. The most remarkable thing, however, is what people in other parts of the world do to make sure their children are educated or fed. One portion talked about a family in Tibet that walk their children 50 miles one way (in less than a week) over a dangerous, frozen river to get them to a school to make certain that they receive a quality education. I realize how much we take for granted, including our access to education. I think the show also portrays that there is more that unites us than makes us different. First and foremost, all humans love their families and will do anything for their health and happiness. I think there is also a lesson in the fact that our way of life is not better, it is just different. I can't wait for the next episode.

I did a little bit of stitching tonight, but nothing to write home about. I am hoping to finish the first pillowcase by the weekend. I guess I had better pick up the pace!

No comments: