Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Fun Saturday!

Today was beautiful.  I got to arrange all of my goodies from my shopping trip with my friend who is a decorator.  I hung my drapes, put my pillows on the sofa, and re-arranged some things in my living room.  Best of all, I got to hang pictures.  In the five months since I moved in, I have not hung anything on the walls.  Once the curtains went up, the room suddenly came together.  The items my friend picked out totally matched what I already had.  However, the patterns she picked out totally updated the look of the room.  It is very fresh and crisp.  I have always had reds, sage greens, and golds.  The new look also introduced purple and a pumpkin color.  It looks amazing.  I pulled out some of my needlework to put on the walls.  It looks so good and so cozy.  I feel like I have pretty much completed this room for now.  I called my friend and told her she is a genius.

I have some work to do tomorrow after church which includes hanging pictures in my kitchen.  I am so excited now that I have started.  Now I feel like I have momentum.  My decorator friend has advised me that once I get my projects done in the kitchen and living room this weekend, that I should take a few months off.  She said that she always advises her clients to do one big project a quarter so that you do not get overwhelmed.  She said that it also gives you time to save up a little money between projects.  I like her philosophy so that I can just enjoy the house for a while.  It is so easy to get caught up in all the things that I want to do.

Tonight I just got to enjoy the new living room.  Liesl and I played, then I watched a movie.  I have to go to bed semi early so that I can wake up in time for church.  So it has just been peaceful.  It is so cozy in this room now.  I just love it.  The colors are so warm and I just feel inspired in her.  When I finish my black work piece, it will look perfect in here.  

1 comment:

Rita said...

What a great feeling that must be to have that much done! Enjoy!

I hope you'll share some pics when you get a chance.