Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rainy Day

It has rained pretty much all day today.  This is an absolute blessing because we really need it here in California.  It has been a really warm winter and we did not reach the rain totals that we need in the earlier part of the year.  It is really peaceful with the rain pitter pattering on the roof.  I got myself up and showered early this morning so that I would not be tempted to spend the day in my jammies, dozing on the sofa.  I had things I really wanted to get done, even though I had no plans of leaving the house.

I finally got some pictures hung in my kitchen.  I had to buy a couple of tools first so it has been a project waiting on the back burner.  I have a lot of electrical wiring that runs through one particular wall in my kitchen.  So I had to get one of those stud finders that also detects hot electrical wiring.  I also needed one of those laser levels because of the hanging systems of some of my heavier pieces.  I am thrilled with how it looks in there.  I also installed my under cabinet lighting.  They are battery operated so I did not have to get an electrician.  They are also motion detector activated so all I have to do is wave my hand under the cabinets for extra light.  Best of all, I got most of my house cleaned and the laundry done!  Whoohoo.  

Tomorrow after church I have a couple of errands and then my homegirls are coming over to see my progress on my house.  My decorator friend is coming to see how our shopping trip ideas turned out.  My BFF has not been over since she helped me paint my kitchen.  I can't wait to show off my progress.  I am really enjoying working on the house.  It is amazing how one small change makes such a big difference.  Best of all, I love living in this house.  It has such good energy.  I am amazed how I am filled with joy coming home to it.  Liesl is the same way and starts getting excited and jumps up to look out of the window when I am making the second to last turn to get to our house.  I think it is cool that she loves it, too!

It has been such a good day.  I did take a nice long nap, but I also got to take my time getting things done.  I played with Liesl and gave her lots of love and attention today.  I also got to order my new rug for my kitchen.  My decorator friend found it in one of her catalogs on a seriously low price sale. It is an indoor/outdoor rug, stain resistant so I do not need to worry about it.  Best of all, it is red!  It is so nice to have a friend who is keeping an eye out for possible things I "need" for my house.  I can't wait to get it.  

My first home is really coming together and it makes me so happy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. You sound like a little kid in a candy shop about your home to me thats wonderful thats how i feel about mine. Just one room at a time is how i have done it getting things like you want it. Take care and have a wonderful day I don't have a blog myself but love reading yours