Friday, December 28, 2012

High Tea

One of my dear friends had a wonderful idea for several of us that are close friends to celebrate the holidays together.  She invited four of us to join her for high tea at a swanky hotel in Carmel.  It is a hotel that is owned by Doris Day.  Now I have never had high tea, so this was a new adventure.  We all dressed in lovely, festive afternoon attire and got ready to drink tea with our pinkies out.  (Just kidding.)  We got to sit on lovely, comfy sofas in a beautifully decorated room with a Christmas tree and fireplace.  It was pretty neat.


We had wonderful little sandwiches and petit fours.  Every thing was so good and it was just a very nice relaxing time to sit and chat.  It was such a good idea.  

My friend is also a schnauzer mom, although she has a standard schnauzer.  We both love this breed.  Here is the Christmas card that gave me today.  Schnauzers, can you believe it?!


Best of all, here is the gift that she gave me for Christmas.  A schnauzer nutcracker ornament!  I can't bring myself to put it away.  I think I will just keep it out all year.  It makes me smile.  My friend said that she thought that the face looked so much like my sweet Liesl.  

I have yet to meet a person who has a schnauzer that is not head over heels in love with the breed. They are not for everyone, but those that love them love them big time.  They are so smart, comedic, busy, mischievous, beyond belief stubborn and love their people so much. 

It has been such a tough year but I was thinking about how much I love my life on my way home today.  I have pretty special friends, a sweet little dog, I live in a magical place, and I got to do something cool and different today.  I have friends that always have my back, who tell me the truth no matter what, who make me laugh, and who I know I could totally call at 3 am if I needed to (and they know the same about me.)  Not only would any of us answer the phone, we'd be getting our shoes on and getting our car keys out to go to the friend in distress.  

Overall, it is a very good life and I would not trade any of it.

No comments: