Saturday, December 8, 2012

I'm Back...Like A Bad Penny

Well, here I am, back again after a few days' hiatus.  I have not been feeling very well and needed to get some rest.  I am still muddlin' along but feeling a bit better.  Unfortunately, I had to go to a memorial today for a friend's husband who passed.  I realized that there has been way too much of this lately because when I went into my Sympathy card stash, there were none left.  I had bought a rather large stash of them within the past year, too.

This has been such a tough year for so many people.  I, for one will be so glad to bid adieu to 2012 in a few weeks here.  Oy vey.  But then I also put my troubles into perspective when I think of the journey that my friend has to made right now.  Her hubby was her very best friend and they did everything together.   My heart breaks for her.

I did get to stitch for a while tonight.  I had a few interruptions for schnauzer smoochies.  It makes my heart smile to get them out of the blue.  For the past few years this has not occurred.  Until the past few weeks, the only time she would give me a kiss was when I returned home from somewhere.  She was just not a kisser.  Last night, she just came up and gave me a kiss on my nose for no reason, then went on about her business.  This gives me hope that someday she will sit on my lap, too.  Baby steps.

So tonight I got to sit on the sofa with my lavender heating pad, my stitching and a marathon of Duck Dynasty.  It was a pretty good way to relax a bit.  That show makes me laugh out loud.  I got a bit done on my stitching.  Liesl napped on her favorite toys. (she makes a pile out of them and lays on top of the pile.) I am thinking that is a pretty good idea so I will go lay my head down, too.

Enjoy your Sunday.  

No comments: