Sunday, December 9, 2012

Yule Tide Greetings!

I think I am finally settling into the Christmas spirit.  Not in a rushed consumer kind of way, but more in a place of awe and wonder.  It has been a joy when I am out in the evening to see Christmas lights.  Most of the displays seem to be a bit more toned down this year. I think it is pretty neat that people take the time to do that.  Maybe next year I can ask my kiddos to help me with putting some up.

I am so happy to say that I made some progress on my grape square.  It is more of a grape mass now.  This is where I have to agree that back stitch is our friend.  It will look lovely when I get to define the grapes within the cluster.  Anyway here is a photo:
During the warmer weather, I forget just how much I love my little lavender neck warmer.  It is filled with rice and I just put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and it comes out all toasty.  My feet have been cold all day (I am of the opinion that cold feet can make one miserable) , so this evening I put it on top of my slippers.  My feet are much happier now.  I used it to warm up the bed at night, or on my shoulders, or my feet.  I find that I do not have to turn the heater on, because this warmer works so well.  I love mine so much that I am thinking I may make up a few to give as gifts for close friends.  

So I have been thinking today about how truly fortunate I am.  I know some really wonderful people who are just so kind and smart.  I live in one of the most beautiful places in the whole world.  I have a little dog who thinks I am pretty great and walks around smiling most of the time.  My family is pretty amazing.  I had pepperoni pizza for dinner.  My feet are warm.   I am in a state of awe and wonder for the gifts I have already received.  It is a happy Christmas indeed.

No comments: