Monday, March 30, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday...

Oy vey! What a busy day! Mondays are always busy, but this one was extraordinarily so. I had big plans of doing some paperwork, cleaning my craftroom and doing some stitching tonight. What is that they say about the best laid plans... Unfortunately, I had a bit of a headache from some of the stress of the day and have been feeling really tired.

I was able to cut my fabric for my Aaronic Blessing. I am going to work in it during my little break from the Lady. I like the scotch stitch border in it. I like doing the scotch stitch. Hopefully, my stitches will look uniform. I am using a natural brown piece of 28 count cashel. The colors of the silk floss absolutely pop against it. I hope to work on it a bit tomorrow. I am looking at it longingly tonight but know that I just do not have what it takes to start it. In fact, I have a feeling that I will be nodding off shortly.

I caught up on my recordings on my DVR of Martha this weekend. She really does have an informative show. While I do not have the time and ability to do things on the level that she does, I do get some cool tidbits that are really helpful. Last week she had "Pack Your Own Lunch Week" with some cool alternatives to homemade lunches. I am a bit inspired now to think a bit more out of the box and start fixing us some nicer lunches. I made her Soba Noodle Salad, although the grocery store did not have Soba noodles so I had to make it with plain ol' pasta. It was tasty, although I would have to agree that it would have tasted even better with the soba noodles. I shall have to try Trader Joe's. But I do like the overall idea of making interesting lunches. While I do really love tuna sandwiches, I like the idea of having something interesting so I do not end up just running out and grabbing something.

While I was looking for the recipe, I poked around on the Martha web page. There were so many great ideas. I like her web page because you can also save recipes to your "account." I saw some other great recipes I would like to try. There were some yummy things I would like to make. Bob is in a bread making phase lately, and is making these amazing breads. He kneads them himself (he says it is a great workout!) and does not even use the breadmaker or the breadhook. I am thinking that a nice deviled egg salad would go so nicely on his most recent creation.

Why do the home arts have to be so much fun? I love playing at my house. Decorating, cooking, baking, stitching, quilting, reading, gardening. There really is no place like home!

No comments: