Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Package Arrived!

I am really happy. My package arrived from Stitching Bits and Bobs. I was a bit upset when I got it out of my PO Box. They had bent the flat rate envelope in half and forced it into the post office box in such a way that I had to jiggle it out. My heart just sank. It is so hard to get the Permin of Copenhagen patterns, and I was so looking forward to it. All was well though, the nice folks at Stitching Bits and Bobs had basically double packaged it, which basically protected the contents. I had to smooth out the pattern a bit, but it is none the worse for wear.

So here are the pretty things that I purchased: My beautiful orchid pattern, which looks like it matches my bedding perfectly, so it will be lovely in our room. I also received my silks, which are absolutely breathtaking up close. The colors are so very lovely. In addition, I bought a small baby sampler on clearance. A nice lady at work is having her first baby in September, so I thought it would make a nice little gift for her. The last goody is a stitching fabric gauge. It looks like it is a nifty little tool for checking fabric count.

Please pay no attention to the rumpled looking comforter there. I had to be up in the Bay Area at 8 this morning, so I had one of my two hour commutes while it was still dark. I was dragging by the time I got home at 4, so I promptly took a nap. I was hoping that a cute little dog would join me, but she was too busy playing with her lion toy. I learned alot today, but will be glad to get back to my office.

The end of March is always sad, for it is the time when I run out of my stash of Girl Scout cookies. I bought 9 boxes this year from a co-worker to support her Girl Scouts. Last night, I had my last Samoa, my very favorite. I remember once reading the side of a Samoa cookie box, and it had suggestions for recipes to use up your "leftover" Samoas. I have to wonder if there is such a thing. LOL How is it possible? So now we are down to our last box of Thin Mints, stored in the freezer. It will be another year before I get to taste the coconut/carmel/chocolatey goodness of a Samoa. It was good while it lasted.

No comments: