Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday

Well, I must have been smack-talkin' yesterday when I said that I was going to put the Lady to the side. I had my stitching with me at lunch today, ready to start my other piece. When it came down to it, I could not start another project today. The Lady kept calling to me with her siren song, "There are large blocks of solid color. Sure, it is seven different shades of olive green, but you won't get bored..." There I was sitting there with medium dark olive green threaded on my needle... Actually, I got to stitch with three different shades of topaz also today, and tomorrow may have some blue in it. I am finishing the border on her skirt.

We had choir tonight, but got dismissed an hour early. This is a real treat for us. We came home and finished off the last of the Thin Mints in our jammies. If only they were available year round...sigh

So, when you get an extra hour that you do not expect, you are not quite sure how to celebrate it. All I kept thinking was that I wanted to be in my pajamas and surfing the stitching web sites a little. Bob settled in to reading his book on Mata Ortiz pottery. We found Mata Ortiz pottery when we were in Mexico a few years ago. It is absolutely gorgeous and appeals to one's sense of symmetry and geometry. A couple of years ago I bought Bob three different pieces. They are very, very small pieces. But they are so amazing to look at. If you ever get a chance, google Mata Ortiz. It is an amazing story and the artisans just do an incredible job. I would love to go to Chihuahua just to meet some of the artists and see them creating the pots.

Well, hope every one has a good April Fools Day. Try to steer clear of the pranksters!

No comments: