Sunday, March 22, 2009

Semi Stormy Weekend

We were just poured on with rain all of last night. Today it rained in the morning, but the rest of the day it was just windy. The wind was so cold that it just cut right through you. We had some errands to run after church and were so glad when we got home out of the gale.

I made quite a bit of progress on the Lady this weekend. It was a pretty peaceful weekend, which is really nice. I got a lot of stitching in and am feeling pretty good about it. I just have a little more to do to finish the skirt then I will head up to the area where my mistake lives and try to fix it. It feels really good to have her really taking shape now. DH thinks I should enter her in the fair, but I am not sure about it. I will have to think about it. I am sure that the fair would appreciate entries. Last year they were so sparse on entries, a victim of the economy, among other things. We live in a huge county and last year during the fair, gas was at about $5 a gallon. I would love to be able to have an entry just so that cross stitch has representation, particularly next to all of the quilts. But I will have to think about it...

It looks like our friend, Carolyn could really use our good thoughts and prayers at this time. Please continue to send her good thoughts and offer prayers for her and her family.
Sending you all good thoughts for a happy week!

No comments: