Monday, March 2, 2009

Wow! It is raining really hard right now. In fact, it rained hard pretty much all day. It is fun to stay home with a cup of tea and stitch while it rains. However, it is no fun to be out in it. Of course, anytime I had to walk to or from the car, the skies would open up and dump rain by the bucketful.

I was so glad to get home tonight. I had gone into work early today for what turned out to be a really long day. On the way home, some poor souls had gotten into a major accident on what is a major artery for the commute here. Traffic came to a virtual halt for over half an hour. I did not get upset or stressed about it because I figure those poor people in that accident were having a far worse time than I. So I put the car in park, turned off the engine and listened to a book on my Ipod. I finally walked in to my house at close to seven, cold, wet and hungry.

After such a hectic day, it was nice to come home and stitch. I got a lot of the white portion filled in on her skirt. So now a lot of the holes are filled in. It looks so pretty and I feel so much more peaceful.

I am trying to practice sensible TV watching now. I used to keep it on more for background noise. In fact, we were quite used to falling asleep to the 10 o'clock news. However, the news has gotten so violent and depressing, that the images we see are probably not the best things to see right before you go to sleep. So we are now turning off the TV after Steven Colbert at 9 pm and reading or I am stitching quietly. It really made a difference last night in how I slept. I really like quiet, in fact I rarely use my car radio, so it makes sense to end my day that way.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Oh Patti, please send some of that rain down to Texas. We need it sooooo bad. I, too, love the rain if I don't have to get out in it. Such perfect weather for stitching.

I admire you for cutting off your TV. I have to have noise at night when I sleep, so I put it on Lifetime Movie Network and go to sleep to that.

Your stitching is looking great!!