Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Good Saturday

Well, the weekend started with a little bit of excitement last night. I had dropped Liesl off at home after work while I had a meeting and then ran some errands. When I got home there was a fire engine up the block, across the street and some activity going on. I said a little prayer of thanks that my house and its little furry occupant inside were safe. I drove into my driveway and saw the scared little furry face over the back of the sofa in the window. All of the activity must have really frightened her. It looks like my neighbor's house is okay, I am not sure what happened. Thank goodness, everyone is okay.

Today was a good day. I puttered around the house and had long lunch with a friend. It rained early this morning, so it was a good day to start slowly with a cup of tea, hanging out with a little gray dog. All of the laundry is done, groceries bought and put away, floors are vacuumed, and I got to play fetch about a dozen times today.

I am getting ready to go settle in and stitch for the evening. It is so quiet right now and I just feel very peaceful. I am thinking about all of the blessings in my life. I am truly grateful for all that I have been blessed with.

May you be blessed many times over, as well.

No comments: