Saturday, September 25, 2010

Heat Wave

Well, summer has finally arrived on the Monterey Peninsula. It was hot today. Luckily, first thing in the morning, Liesl had an appointment at the groomer to have a lot of fur removed. She is now shaved down and styled. She was not happy when we drove up to the groomer, but looks happy to be home and much cooler. She just looks so darn cute, too. It seems like when she gets her eyebrows trimmed, that her eyes look huge.

The heat has enhanced the aroma of my neighbor's jasmine and my trumpet plants. The night air is filled with these sweet scents and is making me happy. The scent is so vibrant that it settles in my living room. It is so beautiful, and so worth the day's heat.

I did get to stitch tonight. I am working on the bottom of the snowman now. The blending filament is not giving me the trouble that I thought it would. It looks so pretty and sparkly. I am already looking forward to working on Ellie May Melt after this. I really love working on this piece.

I am feeling a bit happy because I was able to reconnect with an old friend today. We fell out of contact a while back, you know how life happens. Anyway, it was so good to see her and catch up. My friends, old and new are such a blessing to me. I am so grateful that God has sent wonderful people into my life to share the journey.

No comments: