Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kinda Like Christmas Today

Wow! What a great day! It was a wonderful morning at church, as always. I have a wonderful church and with our new pastor I feel like I am learning so much. We are so fortunate.

So, I have been working on my family's genealogy for seven years now. I have hit a brick wall on the Dutch side of my family for pretty much the entire seven years. A few months ago, I was able to locate a third cousin, one generation removed. We struck up a correspondence and have had the opportunity to even speak on the phone once. Today he sent me photographs of his grandmother, my great grandmother's sister. It was so amazing to finally see the face of a person I have been looking for during these years. It was an amazing gift and I am so grateful.

After church, I was able to come home, watch the race and stitch for a while. I even got in a short power nap. I had to be back at church at 3:15 for choir practice and our pastor's installation. It was a beautiful ceremony followed by a delicious dinner. I truly love spending time with my church family, so it was so nice to share a meal and time together.

After church, one of my very best friends told me she had something for me. Last night when we had chatted on the phone, she had asked me what I was reading. We both love books and talk about them alot. I told her that I was bookless right now and was due for a trip to the library. So after church, she went out to her car and brought me in a bag of really great books. Oh my goodness, it feels like Christmas. I plan on going to bed early, cuddling with little Miss Liesl and reading an awesome book.

It has been such a great day. So much to be thankful for. Although it has been kind of a busy weekend, I feel refreshed, peaceful and content.

No comments: