Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Awesome Mother's Day

I had the best Mother's Day dinner ever! I met my son and daughter at one of my favorite places for dinner. It was so wonderful to sit down, chat and laugh with them both together. They are both really amazing people and I was so happy to have the time with them together. It made me really happy, and on the way home I thought about how proud I am that they both turned out to be such wonderful people.

I thought that dinner was going to be my gift, so I was really surprised that each of them had really beautiful and thoughtful gifts for me.

From my daughter-A pretty new basket, with a basket liner that my expert knitter daughter knit for me from linen yarn. She has gotten into baking bread this year and baked me a loaf of sourdough bread, too! I am going to make myself a sandwich for lunch tomorrow with it. I can't wait! The liner is so beautiful and delicate.

From my son-Two beautiful sets of oven mitts and potholders with fruit on them that totally match my kitchen.

He also got me this beautiful stoneware/mold pan with roosters on it that again, totally matches my kitchen. I love this color red, and have several things with roosters and chickens in my kitchen. I have to find a way to display it because it is so pretty.
It was a fun evening and over way too soon!

Well, I am off to bed. I have not been able to stay awake past 9 pm this week for some reason. I find myself starting to doze off on the sofa at about 8:30. It has just been a busy week at work, and the weather has been really dark, windy and cold. I think it is all just making me sleepy early.

Have a happy Thursday!

No comments: