Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Monday

Hope everyone had a good day! Mine was quite nice. Liesl and I went to my friends' ranch for barbecue. We had such a lovely day and lots of delicious food. I am still stuffed. Liesl had a great time, too. She ran with my friends' ranch dogs. They are sort of like border collies, and Liesl thinks she is big like them. We walked my friends' gardens which are so incredibly beautiful. I could just sit in their gardens for a whole day. It inspires me to come home and throw a little water on my plants.

We are supposed to have rain the next few days, so I decided that it would probably be wise not to put my chairs together today. I figure that I should have the ottomans and paint and seal all four pieces at the same time. It is supposed to rain much of the week so it may be next weekend before I get to it. I was telling my friends today about the good deal I got on my chairs and they were pretty impressed. Tomorrow after work, I get to pick up the ottomans. In the meantime, the boxes of wood are making my house smell nice.

I came home full and sleepy, with a really tired dog. She just crashed and went to sleep. So I watched a Pawn Stars marathon and stitched. Even with being out most of the weekend, I still got a lot done on the piece. It seemed really poignant to be stitching the Star Spangled Banner on Memorial Day. The Star Spangled Banner was written by Francis Scott Key after he witnessed the bombardment of Fort McHenry in Baltimore in the War of 1812.

It has been really nice to have three days off and I feel pretty refreshed and ready to get back to work tomorrow. I was out much of the weekend, but it really balanced nicely with my need to get some rest at home and do the things I love around here. I feel like I got to do everything I really wanted to do!

Wishing you a great week!

No comments: