Monday, May 16, 2011

New Stash!

I very rarely buy cross stitch stash anymore. I have more in my collection than I can ever possibly stitch, despite the fact that I have been pretty picky about what I have purchased. I have only bought stuff that I really, truly love. I know that I can go into my stash collection and pull out any number of things that I would love to have in my home.

I needed to buy more DMC 924 to finish the Star Spangled Banner. I had cleaned out the local Michaels (one skein) last time I was there, It does not seem that they are re-stocking their cross stitch supplies, and with gas being what it is, I did not want to waste a trip up to Marina, fifteen minutes away. The closer craft shop only stocks Sullivan's, which does not match. My last trip recently though I dug to the bottom of the bin and found one skein of DMC 924 from their old stock.

Seeing as how I needed to place an order from 123stitch, I took inventory of what I actually needed. I need one skein of Gloriana Summer N' Smoke to finish an old WIP. I also needed needles. Everyone is raving about Bohin, so I thought I would try them. Can't wait! The pattern is one that I have been in love with for about a year. It is Faith, by Ernie Bishop, Cross N Patch. I am thinking about stitching it for a dear friend. It has some complex stitches, but with a little practice, I think I can do it. It is so pretty. 123stitch is really exceptional in customer service. I placed my order Thursday night, and it arrived today.

It has been a wonderful day to have this package arrive. It rained on and off all day, which is late in the season for us. I had planned on coming home and planting my herb garden after work. It started pouring on my way home though. Obviously, gardening was a no go, so I came home, puttered around the house and stitched quietly. It was really nice.

No comments: